Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Family

It's nearing the end of October. Our move is in exactly ONE MONTH! In one month I need to pack, clean, sell, organize, prioritize... And move 1100 miles away, back to where it all began in Arizona. My husband still doesn't want to move and I feel like we keep having the same conversations on repeat. I finally broke down and told him how I feel each time he tells me how miserable he will be in the heat. Although I understand how hot it gets (having lived there for 12 years) and how the heat just drains energy out of you, especially stuck in traffic, and now with a baby. But I am not moving for the heat. I am moving for the future of my family. To go back to school, being able to provide a better life for my daughter and any future children we may have. To be around family, I want Ryleigh to know what it's like having family dinners, holidays, and just having that support and love that comes with family being able to attend your birthdays and school events.

But when he tells me how miserable he is going to be... I feel like I am doing something wrong. That my excitement about having family around is silly. I wish he could understand what it's like to miss family. I get that he isn't close to them, but it's not how I grew up. Even in a divorced family I still cherish the moments I spent with both of my parents. Traveling between houses, having to attend multiple family functions in one day. It's what I am used to and therefore have come to enjoy. Now, I am no longer close to my dad, being that he's on the East Coast and we are out West. But I still hold onto those memories. Hoping that Ryleigh wont have to bounce around, but that she knows what traditions and family bonding is like.

We will be around my Mom, Step Dad, adopted brothers and sisters, brother, sister in law, Nana, and cousin. Now with the families growing and changing I am looking forward to Ryleigh having cousins and siblings to share the holidays with. Family is important to me. And I hope someday my husband can see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

It's nearing the end of October. Our move is in exactly ONE MONTH! In one month I need to pack, clean, sell, organize, prioritize... And...